Yough board approves soccer coaches
By William S. Zirkle
Published: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, March 20, 2013
The Yough School Board approved two middle school soccer coaches at its regular meeting held March 13.
Brian Blasko will be the head coach of the Yough Intermediate Middle School boys soccer team. His salary as coach will be $2,604. He is also a teacher at the middle school.
Approved as assistant coach of the YIMS boys soccer team is Mike Veychek at a salary of $2,343. At the time of the vote, his approval was “pending clearances.”
The board also approved the extra remuneration of $175 each for wrestling coaches Jeremy Zufall and Mark Cornelius, boys basketball coaches Wayne Greiser and Matt Molinaro, and cheerleading coaches Erna Carpenter and Heather Boban for their extended seasons.
The following additions to the substitute teacher list were approved: Melinda Woods, nurse/nurses assistant; Edward Shuty, social studies; Robin Terhorst and Katie Bebar, art; Molly Beavers, elementary/special education; Kurt Olinger, health and physical education; Aubrey Holliday, secondary English; Christopher Kukic, earth and space science; and Ashley Levino, elementary.
A contract with Windstream was approved for telephone service. The contract qualifies for E-Rate funding which will reimburse the district about 40 percent of the contract cost, according to the district's business manager Mike Wrobleski.
William S. Zirkle is an editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-872-6800.
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Pirates outfielder Snider certainly proving to be (big) hit
- Starter Liriano impressive again as Pirates blank Cubs
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Former Springdale police officer charged with drug possession, stealing badge
- ‘We plan to win,’ says GOP chief of Wander’s quixotic bid for Pittsburgh mayor
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.