Fundraiser underway for Sewickley Twp. pool
The staff of the Crabapple Park & Pool in Sewickley Township wants to be able to raise an American flag at the pool and has launched a campaign to raise about $2,000 to install a 20-foot aluminum flag pole at the facility, Sewickley Township recreation officials said.
For a $50 donation to the “Raise the Flag at Crabapple Pool” campaign, the public will be able to have a plaque inscribed with a dedication to someone or in memory of a person or family. The plaques also can recognize a business or organization. The plaques will be placed at the base of the flag pole, said Marty Ponebshek, an assistant pool director.
The Sewickley Township Supervisors last month approved the fundraising campaign. In order to raise enough money to pay for the flag pole and necessary hardware, the Sewickley Township Recreation Board needs to receive donations for 40 plaques.
The Crabapple Park used to have a flag pole which was erected by the Ladies Auxiliary of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post in Herminie, Ponebshek said.
Those interested in paying for a plaque at the flag pole at Crabapple Park should contact Janet Schork, Sewickley Township recreation director, at 724-835-1087.
Joe Napsha is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-836-5252.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins president: General manager, coach won’t be fired
- Defense dominates West Virginia’s spring game
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- Three names added to Tuskegee Airmen Memorial in Sewickley
- Serious injury reported in Penn Hills fire
- Hempfield man dies in single-vehicle accident
- Parkway West closure canceled
- Views of Heinz Field entice National Guard recruits
- Special events planned as part of Kennywood’s 2015 season
- First Amendment experts decry Plum authorities’ warning to students