McKeesport man dies in North Huntingdon crash
A 20-year-old McKeesport man died early this morning after the vehicle he was driving hit a utility pole and rolled over near the intersection of Guffey Road and Dennis Circle in North Huntingdon Township, officials said.
Dominick E. DeZorzi, of Coulterville Road, was driving south on Guffey Road around 11:20 p.m. when his 2002 Lincoln LS crossed the center line, hit a utility pole off the east shoulder, rolled once and came to rest upright in a yard, according to the Westmoreland County coroner's office.
He was pronounced dead at the scene around 12:35 a.m. today, the coroner's office said. There were no passengers or other vehicles involved.
Officials said DeZorzi was not wearing a seatbelt and cell phone use was not a factor in the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Pa. auditor cites flaws in gas drilling regulation
- Victim of Monessen standoff committed suicide
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- Freeport Invitational notebook: New title for FIBI founder
- Selig: Pirates’ rebirth a positive step for baseball
- Mountaineer workers fear smoking ban will harm ‘livelihood’
- Elizabeth police under new leadership
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases