Burgettstown man killed in car crash
A Burgettstown man died in a three-vehicle crash in Washington County this morning, state police said.
Sidney Cumpston, 50, attempted to pass a car stopped in front of him on Main Street near Erie Street in Burgettstown and struck the rear driver side of the car about 7 a.m., state police said. The driver of that car, Timothy Moreau, 51, of Atlasburg, was not hurt.
Cumpston then drove his vehicle into the oncoming lane and it collided head-on with another car, state police said.
Cumpston was not wearing a seatbelt and died at the scene. The other driver, Benjamin Woods, 25, of Chester, W. Va., suffered minor injuries, state police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Decisions backfire in Steelers’ loss in Seattle
- Nov. 29 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Penn State coach fires offensive coordinator
- Pennsylvania Game Commission reaps revenue from shale gas under game lands
- 40 years later, siblings of South Greensburg girl who disappeared still seek closure
- Police charge New Florence man in St. Clair officer’s killing
- University of Pittsburgh researchers revisit war of electric currents
- Sale of doll clothes to benefit Harrison library
- New Kensington man killed in North Buffalo crash
- Marshall’s Fluhme Glam Bar hopes to take beauty concept nationwide