Kudos to Franco Harris for standing up and defending Joe Paterno.
What has been done to Paterno (and his family) is criminal and Franco voiced his opinion against this injustice.
I hope Paterno sees justice for what has been done to him because there is no one more deserving after devoting his entire life to the school and program he so loves.
Innocent until proven guilty• I don't think so. No time was wasted in ousting this great man, coach, humanitarian, educator.
Carol A. Curti
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Stanley’s Bar & Grill in Ford City offers free Thanksgiving dinner
- Police find marijuana grow rooms in Castle Shannon
- Cheswick super fan, 90, has had season tickets for almost 70 years
- Occupying playoff spot on Thanksgiving good harbinger for Penguins
- After 27 years, Clairton emerges from state ‘financially distressed’ status
- South Fayette, Aliquippa form unique traditions for Thanksgiving Day
- North Shore parking garage plan moves forward in Pittsburgh
- Former Mountaineer Bailey shot, in critical condition in Miami