3 dogs found dead at Yukon home
State police and humane officers are investigating after three dogs were found dead at a home in Yukon this afternoon.
The dogs were found dead in the yard of the Highway Street home in South Huntingdon Township.
Neighbors said the tenants moved out and left several dogs chained on the property. Neighbors said they repeatedly called the Fallen Timber Animal Shelter in Elizabeth to report that the animals were underfed, then contacted police.
Police, who have not yet identified the animals' owner, said charges will be filed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Authorities recover rifle used to kill Westmoreland police officer
- Kane turns to former Maryland attorney general to lead porn email probe
- Chicago mayor fires police chief in wake of video release
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- Slain St. Clair officer walked into ‘worst nightmare’ for police
- Woman gets probation in deadly shooting outside Pittsburgh bar
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates