3 dogs found dead at Yukon home
State police and humane officers are investigating after three dogs were found dead at a home in Yukon this afternoon.
The dogs were found dead in the yard of the Highway Street home in South Huntingdon Township.
Neighbors said the tenants moved out and left several dogs chained on the property. Neighbors said they repeatedly called the Fallen Timber Animal Shelter in Elizabeth to report that the animals were underfed, then contacted police.
Police, who have not yet identified the animals' owner, said charges will be filed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Obama’s immigration actions neglect business pleas
- A la carte: Turkey rescue and tips
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping
- In Steelers-Saints game, all eyes on Brown-Lewis matchup
- Steelers notebook: Defense has a retro feel
- Salvation Army in W.Pa. uses social media campaign
- Auto technology gives mobile computing a new meaning
- California native Verbisky hasn’t forgotten area roots
- McKeesport’s Minerva’s Bakery to be featured on Sebak’s documentary
- Hempfield Area High School senior Richason creates Before I Die wall in Greensburg
- Cash-strapped Pittsburgh Public Schools to sponsor holiday parade