Pittsburgh crews to begin closing roads this morning for First Night
By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, December 31, 2011
City crews will close streets Downtown, starting at 10 a.m. today, in preparation for Highmark First Night Pittsburgh 2012. Roads will remain closed until about 1 a.m. New Year's Day unless otherwise noted.
• Penn Avenue between Stanwix and 10th streets.
• Stanwix Street from Liberty Avenue to between Penn Avenue and Fort Duquesne Boulevard. The parking garage at Stanwix and Fort Duquesne is accessible from Fort Duquesne Boulevard; 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. only.
• Sixth Street will remain open except from 8 to 8:45 p.m. for the parade. The EQT parking garage on Penn Avenue will be open until 2 p.m.; enter and exit on Sixth Street.
• Fifth Avenue Extension from Fifth Avenue Place to Fort Duquesne Boulevard. Access Fifth Avenue Place garage from Liberty Avenue.
• Seventh Street from Liberty Avenue to the entrance of Theatre Square Parking Garage. Parking garage access from Fort Duquesne Boulevard only.
• Maddock Place from Penn Avenue to Fort Duquesne Boulevard. Parking lot access from Fort Duquesne Boulevard only.
• Eighth Street from Liberty Avenue (Tito Way) to Eighth and Penn parking lots. Parking lot accessible from Fort Duquesne Boulevard only.
• Ninth Street from Liberty Avenue to the Ninth and Penn garage. Garage access from Fort Duquesne Boulevard only.
• Garrison Place from Liberty to Fort Duquesne Boulevard. Parking lot access from boulevard only.
• Exchange Way from Ninth to 10th Street. Parking access from 10th Street only.
• All alleys leading into the footprint from Penn Avenue; Liberty Avenue; Sixth through 10th streets, including Cecil CLO Academy Way, Barkers Place, Scott Place and French Way.
• Seventh Street Bridge will be closed from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• 10th Street will close for the parade, 8 to 8:45 p.m.
• The 6th and Penn garage will be closed for safety reasons.
For information about Port Authority bus stops affected by road closures, call 412-442-2000 or the TTY number 412-231-7007, or visit www.PortAuthority.org. For a schedule of First Night activities, visit www.firstnight.org or call 412-456-6666.
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.