Pittsburgh crews to begin closing roads this morning for First Night
By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, Dec. 31, 2011,
City crews will close streets Downtown, starting at 10 a.m. today, in preparation for Highmark First Night Pittsburgh 2012. Roads will remain closed until about 1 a.m. New Year's Day unless otherwise noted.
• Penn Avenue between Stanwix and 10th streets.
• Stanwix Street from Liberty Avenue to between Penn Avenue and Fort Duquesne Boulevard. The parking garage at Stanwix and Fort Duquesne is accessible from Fort Duquesne Boulevard; 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. only.
• Sixth Street will remain open except from 8 to 8:45 p.m. for the parade. The EQT parking garage on Penn Avenue will be open until 2 p.m.; enter and exit on Sixth Street.
• Fifth Avenue Extension from Fifth Avenue Place to Fort Duquesne Boulevard. Access Fifth Avenue Place garage from Liberty Avenue.
• Seventh Street from Liberty Avenue to the entrance of Theatre Square Parking Garage. Parking garage access from Fort Duquesne Boulevard only.
• Maddock Place from Penn Avenue to Fort Duquesne Boulevard. Parking lot access from Fort Duquesne Boulevard only.
• Eighth Street from Liberty Avenue (Tito Way) to Eighth and Penn parking lots. Parking lot accessible from Fort Duquesne Boulevard only.
• Ninth Street from Liberty Avenue to the Ninth and Penn garage. Garage access from Fort Duquesne Boulevard only.
• Garrison Place from Liberty to Fort Duquesne Boulevard. Parking lot access from boulevard only.
• Exchange Way from Ninth to 10th Street. Parking access from 10th Street only.
• All alleys leading into the footprint from Penn Avenue; Liberty Avenue; Sixth through 10th streets, including Cecil CLO Academy Way, Barkers Place, Scott Place and French Way.
• Seventh Street Bridge will be closed from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• 10th Street will close for the parade, 8 to 8:45 p.m.
• The 6th and Penn garage will be closed for safety reasons.
For information about Port Authority bus stops affected by road closures, call 412-442-2000 or the TTY number 412-231-7007, or visit www.PortAuthority.org . For a schedule of First Night activities, visit www.firstnight.org or call 412-456-6666.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.