Family court needs to change
In child custody cases, judges should speak with each parent. When a judge speaks only with the child, does the judge truly have insight into whether the child is being brainwashed?
Each case in family court differs and each needs to be reviewed more closely for the sake of the children. Judges should require parents to bring proof to back up the statements they make in court.
Too many children are falling into the hands of the wrong parent. Then the courts question why some parents take their children and run.
My prayer is that the system changes for the sake of all children.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McIntyre students hope Buddy Bench is beneficial to all
- Pitt’s Dixon monitoring minutes
- Tomlin: Steelers as healthy as can be expected at this point in season
- Open records office orders Mt. Lebanon to release deer cull emails
- Bowl destination is at stake for Pitt football in regular-season finale
- Vatican puts 5 on trial for leaks
- Rookie linebacker Chickillo adjusting to role with Steelers
- Stocks shake off Middle East tensions, drop in consumer confidence
- Steelers not giving up on wresting AFC North from Bengals
- Steelers notebook: Players get back to work after bye
- Philippines reappraises hoard of Marcos jewelry