2 Ambridge students charged following attack posted online
A Beaver County junior high school student attacked a fellow teen and a classmate recorded it, leading to charges against both of them, police said.
One of the arrested students, a 14-year-old who attends Ambridge Junior High School, attacked a fellow student last week behind the high school, police said. The victim, also 14, was knocked to the ground and repeatedly kicked in the head while pleading for him to stop, authorities said.
Investigators said the second student, 12, recorded the attack, which was then posted on YouTube. The video showed other teens watching the fight. The video has since been removed from the site.
The victim is recovering at home. He told WPXI the fight started over his break-up with a former girlfriend.
The 14-year-old was charged as a juvenile with assault, while the 12-year-old who videotaped the fight has been charged as an accomplice.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Central Catholic holds ‘emotional’ ceremony for Marino
- Boras: Alvarez’s power is too valuable for Pirates to let him leave
- Pirates showing interest in starting pitcher Masterson
- Steelers notebook: Opportunity awaits Boykin
- Pitt guard Robinson says free-wheeling offense is ‘a lot of fun’
- No shortage of offensive weapons for Aliquippa, Karns City in PIAA game
- WVU’s defensive linemen improving as pass rushers
- Gorman: Aliquippa’s Jordan stars in any role
- House votes to thwart power plant regulations
- WPIAL Class AA girls basketball preview: Seton-La Salle’s 4th coach in 5 seasons offers unique perspective
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger remains in concussion protocol