3 people hurt in head-on crash on Route 66 in Manor Township
MANOR -- Three people were injured in a head-on collision along Route 66 on Thursday evening.
State police said a Volkswagen Golf, driven by William K. Demyan, 16, of Ford City, struck a Chevrolet Blazer, driven by Bruce R. Boyd, 50, of Leechburg, as Demyan was turning left from Route 66 onto Huston Road at 7:35 p.m.
Police said Demyan, and his passenger, William R. Demyan, 53, of Ford City, were not injured. The driver was cited for failing to yield.
Boyd also escaped injury, but his passengers, Jane M. Johnston, 42, an 8-year-old male and a 6-year-old female, all of Leechburg, suffered minor injuries and were taken by Ford City Ambulance personnel to ACMH Hospital for treatment.
Police said everyone was wearing seat belts, or were in proper child seats, at the time of the crash.
Fire Crews from Manor Township, Ford City and Ford Cliff remained on scene for about an hour while the vehicles were removed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- NFL notebook: Cardinals to stay in W.Va. ahead of Steelers game
- State woos Kennametal with $1M in incentives to stay in Pa.
- Opposing TEs Miller, Gates took differing paths to greatness
- Pitt, WR Boyd look to break out against Virginia
- Gorman: WPIAL must answer with power move
- Cole working to become Penguins’ next Martin on defense
- Feds aim to bring Chinese military leaders to Pittsburgh for trial
- Rock Steelers Style, other fashion events team up for a good cause
- Waivers granted for Garden Theater block development