2 Fayette men arrested for gun charges
Published: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, October 11, 2012
Two men are accused of having semiautomatic weapons during an incident at a public housing complex in Uniontown.
Kevin Anthony Sublett Jr., 20, of Uniontown, is charged with two counts of firearms not to be carried without a license. Hosea Gardie Craggette II, 22, of Lemont Furnace, is charged with possession, possession of marijuana and firearms not to be carried without a license.
In criminal complaints, Uniontown Police said they went to Pershing Court 3:36 a.m. Wednesday for a report of a man threatening another person at gunpoint.
When they arrived, police said, Sublett hid a semiautomatic 9mm rifle in bushes in front of 118 Pershing Court and Craggette hid a .45-caliber semiautomatic handgun in another set of bushes. Both men were then apprehended and the weapons were recovered, according to the complaints.
Police said they found a third weapon, a 9 mm Ruger handgun, while searching Sublett. Craggette was found to be in possession of $1,560 cash and suspected marijuana and crack cocaine, according to police.
Sublett, according to the complaint, told police he bought the semiautomatic rifle “from a crack head for $30.”
Both men were arraigned before Uniontown District Judge Michael Metros and placed in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of bond pending preliminary hearings.
- Unchecked looting guts Egypt’s heritage, with one ancient site ‘70 percent gone’
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Heroin cited in gun thefts
- New Alexandria woman charged with carrying 96 bags of heroin
- First-rounder McGuire expected to sign with Pirates on Tuesday
- 27 witnesses to testify in heroin trafficking
- VA said to defy calls for records
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
- BVA will refinance bond issue
- Police chase ends with crash in Richland
- Historic district expansion divides North Side residents
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.