Rachel Carson bridge closed Thursday for banner hanging
The Rachel Carson Bridge that carries Ninth Street over the Allegheny River between Downtown and the North Shore will be closed from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday so crews can hang a banner, Allegheny County Public Works said.
The banner will promote the One Young World Summit that Pittsburgh will host from Oct. 18-22. Motorists should use the nearby Roberto Clemente or Andy Warhol bridges during the closure, the county said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- Oil glut forces producers to seek out more storage tanks
- Spirit Airlines to add daily flights from Arnold Palmer airport to Chicago
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Unity planners OK proposal for Route 30 retail development
- CMU grad’s FunBites make healthy food appeal to kids
- Riverview girls apply lessons learned
- Rossi: Pirates’ post-Martin plan comes with a catch or 2
- Trafford native writes the book on early rock concerts
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- Pittsburgh police make command staff promotions, changes