Lemont Furnace man dies in vehicle accident
Published: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Sunday, November 4, 2012
A Fayette County man died when he sped out of control and crashed his car into a fence and a parked truck late Thursday night in North Union.
Duane E. Halfhill, 43, of Lemont Furnace, was pronounced dead at the scene of the 11:45 p.m. accident along Coolspring Jumonville Road.
State police in Uniontown said Halfhill was speeding when he lost control of his Chevrolet Lumina on a curve in the road. His car left the road, striking a fence and a parked bread truck, police said.
The Fayette County Coroner's office said Halfhill died of blunt force trauma. The manner of his death is pending toxicology tests.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Elizabeth Township officials seek property to store road materials
- White Oak amends dog ordinance
- Area music store earns top honors
- Unchecked looting guts Egypt’s heritage, with one ancient site ‘70 percent gone’
- Police: Beating victim, son forged prescriptions
- Heroin cited in gun thefts
- Pilot of ultralight plane killed in crash
- ‘True Blue’ archetype for modern jazz
- Rookie running back Bell vows to protect Big Ben
- Family’s lawyers seek witnesses to fatal zoo dog attack
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.