Leechburg woman killed in one-car Route 28 crash
Published: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 4:54 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, November 4, 2012
Authorities said a Leechburg woman died and another person was injured Saturday in a one-car crash in the northbound lanes of Route 28 in O'Hara, near the exit to RIDC Park.
Patricia Maritto, 77, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office. An autopsy is planned for Sunday.
The rollover crash injured a second person in the vehicle, whom police did not identify. Both were trapped in the vehicle shortly after 4 p.m. The extent of the injuries to the second person was unclear.
The northbound lanes of Route 28 remained closed for hours as investigators work on the scene, causing traffic to back up between Exits 8 and 9 and onto Freeport Road.
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Nuclear plant evacuation plan raises concerns
- Road Trip! Destination: Rochester, N.Y., region
- Winter bee deaths devastate keepers
- Bernanke: Innovations will pump up the economy
- Pontiff dips into politics
- Pirates notebook: Botched popup shocks Martin
- Big and scary asteroid will luckily just make a flyby
- Tehnology provides enhancement to home security systems
- ‘The Deans’ of Charleston, S.C., are partiers of the funnest order
- Brown’s ‘Inferno’ puts Langdon through his paces
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.