Penn Hills woman killed, 2 men injured in Homewood shooting
Police are trying to figure out what prompted a shooting of three friends that killed a Penn Hills woman, hospitalized two men and riddled two vehicles with bullets, Pittsburgh police Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki said Monday.
Raynna Church, 31, was driving one vehicle with a 34-year-old male passenger, and a second, unidentified man drove the other vehicle. They were stopped Sunday night on Monticello Street in Homewood when someone opened fire on them, police Lt. Daniel Herrmann said.
Both drivers sped away, but crashed into parked vehicles, Herrmann said.
Responding officers found one vehicle peppered with bullet holes and abandoned along Monticello about 10:40 p.m., Herrmann said. Shortly afterward, police found Church dead in the driver's seat of another bullet-riddled vehicle. Her passenger, who was lying in the street with a bullet wound, is in critical condition in UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland, Herrmann said.
Police later learned that the driver of the other vehicle was in Presbyterian. He is in stable condition with a leg wound, Herrmann said.
Police have not identified suspects, Stangrecki said.
Adam Brandolph is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-391-0927 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Four helicopters respond to Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Miami (Fla.) gets prepared to take on ‘physical’ Pitt team
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Small stores take big gamble by not upgrading credit card readers
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices
- Carrick crime ‘blitz’ shows early signs of success
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ intangibles provide 1st-line value
- Century Inn owner hopes to reopen Washington County landmark, gutted by fire, by end of next year