911th members head overseas
About 20 members of the 911th Airlift Wing departed Pittsburgh International Airport in Moon on Tuesday for a deployment to southwest Asia, expected to last at least until January.
They will join more than 150 operations and maintenance workers deployed in September with several of the unit's C-130 transport planes.
The members of the 911th will deliver supplies, equipment, and U.S. and coalition forces in and out of the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan and the Horn of Africa.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in 43-19 preseason loss at Bills
- Happ’s strong start, Ramirez’s homer pace Pirates past Rockies
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Pitt star running back Conner remains grounded despite success
- Biertempfel: Pittsburgh native faced quick learning curve as Marlins GM
- Pennsylvania welfare employees targeted in crackdown
- Exclusive to the Trib: Lift the oil export ban? Think again
- Patience serves as virtue amid pitching prospect Glasnow’s quest for majors
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle’s faith in Polanco pays off
- College football preview: ACC