Anderson to address vets
Published: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 8:53 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 8, 2012
Care center plans Veterans Day observance
Greensburg Care Center at 119 Industrial Park Road has announced plans for its second annual Veterans Day observance to be held Nov. 12. Festivities will begin at 11:30 a.m. with a parade of veterans through the halls of the facility, followed by a program to honor the veterans in the activity lounge.
Guest speaker will be Charles W. Anderson, chairman of the Westmoreland County commissioners and a retired colonel of the U.S. Marines. Anderson graduated from Hempfield High School. He and his wife, Nancy, have three children and five grandchildren.
The program will include singing by vocalist Olivia Shultz and a reading by Joseph Pishko.
The varsity cheerleaders from Jeanette High School will also participate. Serving as master of ceremonies will be Eric Tepper, a former journalist from Latrobe and a former Derry Borough councilman.
Refreshments will be available in the activity lounge following the ceremony.
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Senators get vote of confidence
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Rupert wins Democratic nod to run for sheriff
- Smeltzer loses seat on ASD board
- ‘We did it!’ Peduto tells city, as he defeats Wagner
- Lincoln takes primary
- 25 percent of voters go to polls
- Challenger posts stunning upset in Monessen mayoral race
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.