Beaver County man charged with 1993 drowning death of his wife
Published: Monday, November 12, 2012, 5:26 p.m.
Updated: Monday, November 12, 2012
Police have issued an arrest warrant for a Beaver County man accused of killing his wife in 1993 by holding her under water with a pool skimmer.
Jon Lang, 54, of Industry is charged with one count of homicide.
Police said the Beaver Falls Scuba Rescue Team recovered Debbie Lang, 34, at the bottom of the couple's swimming pool in June 1993 after a small party at their Fourth Street home. At the time, the manner of death was undetermined.
Authorities revisited the case when a witness to the drowning came forward this year. A coroner's jury last week heard testimony and evidence and ruled Lang's death was the result of a criminal act.
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- WPIAL softball postseason newcomers making inroads
- Goalie Anderson stands tall in Senators’ victory over Penguins
- Daily News roundup: Clancy’s wins DNL opener
- Star Trek director boldly goes to conquer non-sci-fi fans
- Spezza gets back on ice for Senators
- MPIAA holds annual 100-inning softball game
- Pirates starters Locke, Wandy enjoying good fortune
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.