Drug overdose may have killed Minnesota man in Springdale
Springdale and Allegheny County police are investigating the death of a 48-year-old Minnesota man who was found dead in a Springdale apartment just before 2 a.m. Wednesday.
A 911 call at 1:50 a.m. alerted police to a man who was unresponsive in an apartment at 1037 Keene St., Chief Joseph Naviglia said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man as Kenneth Rodeski of Little Falls, Minn.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Rodeski was a friend of the man who is renting the apartment, Naviglia said.
There was no sign of violence, county police Lt. Andrew Schurman said, but there were signs of heroin use including a needle mark.
The presumed cause of death was drug use, but final tests are pending, a deputy medical examiner said.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-226-4711 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as Pitt AD comes to abrupt end
- Penguins’ Crosby details his mumps experience
- Regional public data center work under way with help from foundation’s $1.8M
- Judge dismisses littering charge against City Council president Kraus
- West Virginia notebook: Trickett cleared to play in bowl game
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Generous Leechburg boy receives Christmas surprise from secret Santa
- Penguins continue to thrive, despite spate of ailments
- Pittsburgh Public Schools adopts no-tax-increase budget for 2015