Three injured in Washington Township wreck
By Chuck Biedka
Published: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 9:50 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 15, 2012
Three people were injured in a head-on crash about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday on Route 66 near Pfeffer Road, Washington Township.
Township police Sgt. Jason Montgomery said the crash happened when a pickup driver heading toward Greensburg pulled into the opposite lane to pass.
Christopher Kane, 32, of Pittsburgh was driving a 2009 Chevrolet Avalanche that smashed into a 2006 Chrysler minivan driven by Rita Holtman, 54, of Export, police said.Holtman and two unidentified passengers, both men in their 30s, were flown to Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, police said. The hospital said later Wednesday that Holtman wasn't listed as a patient there.
Police were withholding the men's names until their families could be notified.
Reported injuries included head injuries and leg fractures.
Police said Kane was uninjured.
Three people were freed from the van by 9 a.m. and awaiting transport via medical helicopters, according to emergency radio reports.
Police continue to investigate.
Churck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-226-4711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Penguins notebook: Malkin makes points run
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Error in 9th allows Pirates to rally past Astros
- Behind Crosby’s hat trick, Penguins sneak past Senators
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch learns new form of 2-minute drill
- Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
- LinkedIn outstrips Web class
- Just hold on, 911 officials say of busy signals, but frustrated callers want explanation
- Pirates notebook: NL Central not so soft after all
- Senators head home to regroup
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.