Fire damages apartment building in Roscoe
An early morning apartment fire displaced more than a dozen people Thursday in Roscoe, Washington County.
Roscoe Mayor Tom Wilkinson, who also is chief of the Stockdale Volunteer Fire Department, said it appears the blaze started with a space heater on the second floor of the Central Apartments building on Furlong Avenue about 4 a.m. The fire marshal is investigating. No humans were injured, but one dog died.
Firefighters had to wake residents who were sleeping, Wilkinson said.
The fire damaged all three stories of the building. The American Red Cross provided food and shelter to 14 adults and three pets.
Rachel Weaver is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-320-7948 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Solarize Allegheny powers up with more communities
- LaBar: Sting making history fighting for WWE title
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Rossi: Continuing legend of Pirate Ray
- Vintage drive-in theaters’ prices, upgrades still draw in Western Pa.
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- NFL notebook: Redskins torn over QB Griffin’s fate
- Pitt basketball team starting to get injured players back
- Record golf ball collection drives Connellsville native
- Morton inconsistent, Pirates’ bats go quiet in 5-0 loss to Rockies