Man shot in head in McKees Rocks
A man was shot and wounded Tuesday night in McKees Rocks.
The victim apparently was riding in a car when the shooting occurred about 7:45 p.m. on Amelia Street near the intersection of Chartiers Avenue.
When McKees Rocks police arrived they found the man lying on the street with what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head.
Passers-by said the man was pulled from the car by another person in the car. Police said he was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Witnesses reported hearing more than a half-dozen gunshots.
Police in Pittsburgh and surrounding communities were told to be on the lookout for three men seen running from the area.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Springdale Library to pay rent to borough
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Woman on dating site looks too good to be true: How to vet that pic
- The bullet inside your body ‘becomes a part of you’
- Add surprise flavors to Thanksgiving turkey