Train hits car in Dravosburg
No one was hurt when a train crashed into a car in Dravosburg Monday morning.
A woman in her 70s was driving Route 837 from Dravosburg toward Duquesne when she went off the road and onto the tracks at the Boswell Oil railroad crossing about 4:30 a.m., McKeesport police Detective Sgt. James Reed said.
The woman called 911 and heard a train horn while she was on the phone with the dispatcher, who told her to get out of the car, Reed said. She escaped uninjured.
The Norfolk Southern train couldn't stop in time and hit the car, Reed said. Police reopened the road about 6:15 a.m.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 injured in Strip District shooting
- Shaler man charged with homicide, abuse of corpse in McKeesport woman’s death
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Timing drives former KHL star Plotnikov
- ATI picketer injured at Harrison mill
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Independent bookshops find ways to keep going with new owners
- Cops nab 4 in Monessen drug hangout
- New Orleans slow to heal 10 years after Hurricane Katrina
- Port Authority of Allegheny County eyes $2M in detour costs