Pirates’ Navarro arrested for DUI
By Rob Biertempfel
Published: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 8:32 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, July 5, 2012
Pirates minor leaguer Yamaico Navarro was arrested Wednesday for driving under the influence in Indianapolis.
Navarro, 24, was released after spending one night in jail. Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said Navarro will be disciplined by the team.
“We are thankful that this situation did not result in injury to anyone or in damage to any property,” Huntington said in a prepared statement. “Navarro will be offered an evaluation and appropriate counseling by the Pittsburgh Pirates in an effort to see that this situation does not occur again.”
Navarro, an infielder, appeared in 25 games this season for the Pirates. He was optioned to Triple-A Indianapolis on May 29.
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Pirates waste strong Burnett start, fall again to Brewers at Miller Park
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Penguins notebook: Cup final will host NHL awards
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- Senators boxed in by penalties
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Burrell relay, Springdale hurdler test their talents in PIAA prelims
- Penguins’ fans as young as five months brave cold to watch Game 5
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.