Route 28 weekend closures canceled
PennDOT announced Wednesday it canceled plans to close Route 28 inbound near the Millvale interchange for the next two weekends.
PennDOT said a contractor did not have enough materials to do the work as planned. Future weekend closures will be necessary, but they have not been scheduled.
Crews are working on bridges that carry Route 28 over Millvale's circular interchange.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Notre Dame President Hesburgh expanded school, improved academics, fought for civil rights
- White Oak seeks funds to stabilize road
- McKeesport Area students share views during Black History Month panel talk
- Duquesne Elementary School students join the ranks of junior constables
- Previously convicted of embezzlement, Mt. Pleasant postal worker accused of mail theft
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play
- Finding perfect pairing for Ehrhoff key for Penguins
- Pirates sickened by pic of ‘Jihadi John’ wearing Bucs ball cap
- Temp slowly rising
- West Kittanning church fights through frozen pipe problems
- Ford City takes step toward hiring third full-time police officer