Fire heavily damages home in Squirrel Hill
By Tony LaRussa
Published: Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 9:50 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 3, 2012
A fire caused extensive damage to the basement and first floor of a two-story home along Forbes Terrace on Wednesday afternoon but nobody was injured, according fire officials.
The two-alarm fire in one of the buildings in the multi-unit housing complex across from the Jewish Community Center started in the basement and caused structural, smoke and water damage, said deputy Chief Michael Mullen.
The homeowner, who was in the house when the fire started about 4:15 p.m., is staying with friends, Mullen said.
Traffic was restricted for several hours along Forbes between Murray Avenue and Wightman Street.
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Jordan Miles hires two attorneys for civil trial against Pittsburgh officers
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Woman cut from car after Washington Township wreck
- Suspect surrenders in foundry evacuation
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.