Fire heavily damages home in Squirrel Hill
A fire caused extensive damage to the basement and first floor of a two-story home along Forbes Terrace on Wednesday afternoon but nobody was injured, according fire officials.
The two-alarm fire in one of the buildings in the multi-unit housing complex across from the Jewish Community Center started in the basement and caused structural, smoke and water damage, said deputy Chief Michael Mullen.
The homeowner, who was in the house when the fire started about 4:15 p.m., is staying with friends, Mullen said.
Traffic was restricted for several hours along Forbes between Murray Avenue and Wightman Street.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Baby girl dies when run over by pickup truck in Indiana County
- Amazon.com distribution center planned for Pittsburgh’s West End
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Aliquippa father is charged by Beaver County DA in girls’ dresser death
- Well-traveled Clemons trying to find home with Carolina Panthers
- 2014 has been among deadliest for the world’s airline industry
- Allegheny County public works director resigns post
- Minority Leader Costa says Democrats can take state Senate if Wolf expands lead over Corbett