Butler man accused in sexual assault of infant almost a decade ago
A Butler County man already accused of molesting one child is now accused of sexually assaulting an infant almost a decade ago.
Stephen Gary Batchelder, 33, of Butler, is accused of assaulting the 6-month-old girl between November 2002 and March 2003 at a home in Center Township, state police said Wednesday.
Batchhelder was charged in August with sexually assaulting a child under the age of 13 in Butler Township, court records show. A preliminary hearing in that case is scheduled next week. He remains jailed in lieu of bond.
Troopers are trying to determine if Batchelder is suspected of molesting any other children.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Newest Penguin Kessel’s unique shot is what makes him so special
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Airlines offer small conveniences to counter higher fees, less space
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- Lawsuit in deaths of 19 firefighters in Arizona yields little cash
- America’s path to freedom reflected in region’s numerous historic sites
- Lion cubs jump hurdles in Gaza Strip in journey to Jordan sanctuary
- Consider these factors before opting for longer-term auto loan
- Ohio got DEA approval to import lethal-injection drugs
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August