Butler man accused in sexual assault of infant almost a decade ago
A Butler County man already accused of molesting one child is now accused of sexually assaulting an infant almost a decade ago.
Stephen Gary Batchelder, 33, of Butler, is accused of assaulting the 6-month-old girl between November 2002 and March 2003 at a home in Center Township, state police said Wednesday.
Batchhelder was charged in August with sexually assaulting a child under the age of 13 in Butler Township, court records show. A preliminary hearing in that case is scheduled next week. He remains jailed in lieu of bond.
Troopers are trying to determine if Batchelder is suspected of molesting any other children.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor
- Report: Man jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Slide stabilization project delayed
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- EPA talks on pollution limits trigger protests, arrests Downtown
- Steelers notebook: Shoulder pads get technological boost for Ravens game
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- NFL notebook: Ravens RB Rice calls actions ‘totally inexcusable’
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Joe Greene only 2nd player in Steelers history to get number retired