Butler man accused in sexual assault of infant almost a decade ago
A Butler County man already accused of molesting one child is now accused of sexually assaulting an infant almost a decade ago.
Stephen Gary Batchelder, 33, of Butler, is accused of assaulting the 6-month-old girl between November 2002 and March 2003 at a home in Center Township, state police said Wednesday.
Batchhelder was charged in August with sexually assaulting a child under the age of 13 in Butler Township, court records show. A preliminary hearing in that case is scheduled next week. He remains jailed in lieu of bond.
Troopers are trying to determine if Batchelder is suspected of molesting any other children.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Obama: Climate pact an ‘act of defiance’ after Paris attacks
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- Week 12 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Pennsylvania Game Commission reaps revenue from shale gas under game lands
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall
- Community comes together to mourn death of St. Clair police officer