Butler man accused in sexual assault of infant almost a decade ago
A Butler County man already accused of molesting one child is now accused of sexually assaulting an infant almost a decade ago.
Stephen Gary Batchelder, 33, of Butler, is accused of assaulting the 6-month-old girl between November 2002 and March 2003 at a home in Center Township, state police said Wednesday.
Batchhelder was charged in August with sexually assaulting a child under the age of 13 in Butler Township, court records show. A preliminary hearing in that case is scheduled next week. He remains jailed in lieu of bond.
Troopers are trying to determine if Batchelder is suspected of molesting any other children.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Medicare payments to tie doctor, hospital payments to quality rather than volume of care
- Business roundup: IBM “flatly denies” report of mass layoffs; more
- Major storm skips past
- Buildings concern board
- Fayette man allegedly exposed self to Charleroi children
- Connellsville looks for ways to raise money, cut expenses
- North Belle Vernon man accused of stalking girl, 13
- Baseball lover shared lifelong passion by coaching
- East Allegheny girls getting used to winning with underclassmen
- Discord drives Monessen meeting
- Lower Burrell 5th-grader illustrates power of kindness with cancer charity