Man sues Damons Hospitality Corp., claims he was fired because of age and disability
Published: Thursday, October 4, 2012, 2:10 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, October 4, 2012
A Ross man who was president and chief operating officer of Damon's Hospitality Corp. claims in a federal lawsuit filed Thursday that the owner of the local restaurant franchise fired him because of his age and disability.
Michael Schumacher says in the lawsuit that he was 57 when Edward B. Dunlap fired him on Sept. 26, 2011. Schumacher had heart surgery three months before his firing, the lawsuit says.
Dunlap previously fired two other older employees who had developed health problems, the lawsuit says. Dunlap couldn't be immediately reached for comment.
- Thousands walk, run last mile of marathon
- Outdoor notices: May 25, 2013
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- State champion 400 relay highlights girls team title for Hempfield
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Pitt awaits NCAA Tournament fate after loss to Notre Dame in Big East baseball
- W.Va. town transfixed by teen girls' murder plot
- Alaska sex affairs draw Army scrutiny
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.