Man sues Damons Hospitality Corp., claims he was fired because of age and disability
A Ross man who was president and chief operating officer of Damon's Hospitality Corp. claims in a federal lawsuit filed Thursday that the owner of the local restaurant franchise fired him because of his age and disability.
Michael Schumacher says in the lawsuit that he was 57 when Edward B. Dunlap fired him on Sept. 26, 2011. Schumacher had heart surgery three months before his firing, the lawsuit says.
Dunlap previously fired two other older employees who had developed health problems, the lawsuit says. Dunlap couldn't be immediately reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hays ‘eagle cams’ reinstalled for 2015 nesting season
- Penguins’ Crosby details his mumps experience
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- West Virginia offensive coordinator takes job with Kentucky
- Judge dismisses littering charge against City Council president Kraus
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin
- Developer reveals Buncher plans for 400 Strip District apartments, townhomes
- Arnold Stop-n-Go robbed
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as the athletic director at Pitt comes to abrupt end