Atlanta transit agency passes over Port Authority CEO Bland
Port Authority of Allegheny County CEO Steve Bland did not land the top job at the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority, a spokesman for the Georgia agency said Thursday.
MARTA's board of directors voted to hire Keith Parker, the president and CEO of VIA Metropolitan Transit in San Antonio, said MARTA spokesman Lyle Harris. Parker and Bland were the two finalists for the job of general manager and CEO at the nation's ninth-largest transit agency.
Bland, who could not be reached Thursday, remains one of three finalists for the top job at the Jacksonville Transportation Authority. The Florida agency's board is expected to make a decision this month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- 3 area teams eliminated
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Grants boost tunnel, trail work in Clarion and Armstrong counties
- Ford City joining growing fight against blight
- Girls’ soccer sites set
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Demand for hazmat suits due to Ebola outbreak triples firm’s production