Atlanta transit agency passes over Port Authority CEO Bland
By Tom Fontaine
Published: Thursday, October 4, 2012, 7:40 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, October 4, 2012
Port Authority of Allegheny County CEO Steve Bland did not land the top job at the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority, a spokesman for the Georgia agency said Thursday.
MARTA's board of directors voted to hire Keith Parker, the president and CEO of VIA Metropolitan Transit in San Antonio, said MARTA spokesman Lyle Harris. Parker and Bland were the two finalists for the job of general manager and CEO at the nation's ninth-largest transit agency.
Bland, who could not be reached Thursday, remains one of three finalists for the top job at the Jacksonville Transportation Authority. The Florida agency's board is expected to make a decision this month.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Senator’s liquor plan offers sales, packaging reform but no state store closings
- Pitt research facility dedicated in Hill District
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Grand jury continues investigation in meeting with former Ravenstahl bodyguard
- Group pushing Clinton bid in 2016 gets key senator’s vote
- Bad weather barrels through Western Pa.
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.