Construction to affect Pittsburgh-area roads
Road work is planned this weekend along several busy Pittsburgh arteries, PennDOT said.
Six ramps will close. They include:
• From Liberty Bridge to Interstate 579 northbound and from the Boulevard of the Allies and Parkway East to I-579, from 8 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday;
• From the Boulevard of the Allies and Parkway East to Liberty Bridge, from 8 p.m. through early November;
• From Fort Duquesne Boulevard to I-376 and from Fort Pitt Bridge inbound and Fort Duquesne Bridge inbound to the 10th Street Bypass, through mid-December;
• From Grant Street to the Parkway East outbound, through Oct. 18.
Additionally, paving work will continue on Banksville Road in the city, as well as neighboring Mt. Lebanon and Dormont. Traffic will be reduced to a single lane in each direction between the Parkway West and Beverly and McFarland roads in Mt. Lebanon from 8 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- FBI investigates celebrities’ nude photo claims
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Afghan power-sharing deal breaks down
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy