Construction to affect Pittsburgh-area roads
Road work is planned this weekend along several busy Pittsburgh arteries, PennDOT said.
Six ramps will close. They include:
• From Liberty Bridge to Interstate 579 northbound and from the Boulevard of the Allies and Parkway East to I-579, from 8 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday;
• From the Boulevard of the Allies and Parkway East to Liberty Bridge, from 8 p.m. through early November;
• From Fort Duquesne Boulevard to I-376 and from Fort Pitt Bridge inbound and Fort Duquesne Bridge inbound to the 10th Street Bypass, through mid-December;
• From Grant Street to the Parkway East outbound, through Oct. 18.
Additionally, paving work will continue on Banksville Road in the city, as well as neighboring Mt. Lebanon and Dormont. Traffic will be reduced to a single lane in each direction between the Parkway West and Beverly and McFarland roads in Mt. Lebanon from 8 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pair accused of stealing bronze vases at Greenwood Memorial Park
- Musical fundraiser carries across generations
- NK grocery store robbed
- Roundup: Housing numbers reflect broad slowdown; U.S. consumer confidence slides in September; more
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Stop nets 3 men on gun, drug charges in New Kensington
- Venezuela’s Maduro says airlines wage ‘economic war’
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- State trooper shot and killed during training exercise
- September ranks with driest ever in Western Pa.