West Virginia murder suspect arrested in Butler
One of two men wanted for the 2010 murder of a man in West Virginia has been captured by federal marshals in Butler.
Western Pennsylvania U.S. Marshal Steve Frank says Darnell Carlton Bouie, 35, was arrested Friday morning.
He has been ordered held without bond as a fugitive from justice in the Butler County Jail until he can be extradited to Clarksburg, W. Va., where he's charged with first-degree murder. Online court records don't list an attorney for Bouie.
He's charged along with Ennis Charles Payne in the Jan. 13, 2010, shooting of Jayar Poindexter at an apartment building in Clarksburg. Payne was arrested last month by Clarksburg police.
Bouie is originally from Pittsburgh and the marshals had been looking for him at the request of the Clarksburg police.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday