West Virginia murder suspect arrested in Butler
One of two men wanted for the 2010 murder of a man in West Virginia has been captured by federal marshals in Butler.
Western Pennsylvania U.S. Marshal Steve Frank says Darnell Carlton Bouie, 35, was arrested Friday morning.
He has been ordered held without bond as a fugitive from justice in the Butler County Jail until he can be extradited to Clarksburg, W. Va., where he's charged with first-degree murder. Online court records don't list an attorney for Bouie.
He's charged along with Ennis Charles Payne in the Jan. 13, 2010, shooting of Jayar Poindexter at an apartment building in Clarksburg. Payne was arrested last month by Clarksburg police.
Bouie is originally from Pittsburgh and the marshals had been looking for him at the request of the Clarksburg police.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County history could fetch big bucks at Ohio auction
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Earlier openings make Black Friday shopping easier for bargain-hunters
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Researchers at Pa.’s top universities take to the web to fund projects
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Pitt receiver Boyd continues to grow on and off the field
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping