Man arrested in McKees Rocks fatal shooting
One of three people accused of shooting and killing a man in McKees Rocks was arrested on Friday.
Christopher West, 18, from the McKees Rocks area, is charged with criminal homicide, robbery and related crimes for the June 15 slaying of Scott King, 19, of Verona, who was gunned down as he sat in his car in the 900 block of White Alley, Allegheny County Police Lt. Andrew Schurman said.
West was taken to Night Court for arraignment. Names of the other people who will be charged in the case were not released. Police previously said they believed the shooting was drug-related.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Construction of $500M power plant in South Huntingdon stalled
- McKeesport home invasion sends people to hospital
- Elizabeth’s Riverfest is a family oriented event
- Pleasant Hills Night Out event marks 21 years
- Century Town Homes residents, Clairton officials frustrated
- Confident rookie quarterback Manziel erratic early with Browns
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Observers mixed on grid backup amid carbon rules, natural gas uncertainty