Police find 20 pounds of marijuana at Manchester house
A reported domestic dispute in Manchester led police to a marijuana-growing and distribution operation Sunday night, authorities said.
Officers responded to the 1100 block of Pennsylvania Avenue between 7 and 8 p.m., said Zone 1 Sgt. Patrick Knepp. When the suspect said he didn't strike the alleged victim, police looked inside his house and saw marijuana in plain view.
After getting and serving a search warrant, police found as much as 20 pounds of marijuana, mushrooms and $4,000 in cash. They also found equipment for growing, weighing and packaging the marijuana, Knepp said.
Police arrested Gerald Sloan, Jr., 31, and took him to the Allegheny County Jail. The alleged victim was treated at Allegheny General Hospital for a head injury, Knepp said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- GCC’s Zambruno, Sewickley Academy’s Li win PIAA golf titles
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Greater Latrobe teachers, school board approve 5-year contract
- Penguins notebook: Newcomers get 1st taste of rivalry with Flyers
- Pittsburgh Area, Moon military commissary opening draws 400 visitors
- Injured Pitt center Rowell plays well-rounded role on campus