Police find 20 pounds of marijuana at Manchester house
Published: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 10:30 p.m.
Updated: Monday, October 8, 2012
A reported domestic dispute in Manchester led police to a marijuana-growing and distribution operation Sunday night, authorities said.
Officers responded to the 1100 block of Pennsylvania Avenue between 7 and 8 p.m., said Zone 1 Sgt. Patrick Knepp. When the suspect said he didn't strike the alleged victim, police looked inside his house and saw marijuana in plain view.
After getting and serving a search warrant, police found as much as 20 pounds of marijuana, mushrooms and $4,000 in cash. They also found equipment for growing, weighing and packaging the marijuana, Knepp said.
Police arrested Gerald Sloan, Jr., 31, and took him to the Allegheny County Jail. The alleged victim was treated at Allegheny General Hospital for a head injury, Knepp said.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Pirates waste strong Burnett start, fall again to Brewers at Miller Park
- Penguins notebook: Tickets for Eastern Conference final on sale today
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- Senators boxed in by penalties
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Ganassi drivers Franchitti, Dixon facing an uphill battle at Indy 500
- Burrell relay, Springdale hurdler test their talents in PIAA prelims
- Kiski Area relayers overcome chilly conditions to advance to PIAA finals
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.