Police find 20 pounds of marijuana at Manchester house
A reported domestic dispute in Manchester led police to a marijuana-growing and distribution operation Sunday night, authorities said.
Officers responded to the 1100 block of Pennsylvania Avenue between 7 and 8 p.m., said Zone 1 Sgt. Patrick Knepp. When the suspect said he didn't strike the alleged victim, police looked inside his house and saw marijuana in plain view.
After getting and serving a search warrant, police found as much as 20 pounds of marijuana, mushrooms and $4,000 in cash. They also found equipment for growing, weighing and packaging the marijuana, Knepp said.
Police arrested Gerald Sloan, Jr., 31, and took him to the Allegheny County Jail. The alleged victim was treated at Allegheny General Hospital for a head injury, Knepp said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates top Cardinals, 5-2, on Davis’ homer; Alvarez, McCutchen hurt
- For Steelers outside linebacker Jones, size is not an obstacle
- Steelers notebook: Team cuts 15 players, including LB So’oto, RB Hall
- Students’ use of iPads a minefield
- Elizabeth Forward School District fosters high-tech culture
- Elizabeth officials combat juvenile problems
- Steelers cornerbacks Allen, Gay, Taylor have something to prove
- Dem Wolf eyes shale’s ‘golden egg’ to boost school funding
- Latrobe law firm’s secretary pleads guilty to income tax evasion
- Pittsburgh paramedics treat 38 people at Stage AE concert
- Marijuna, heroin arrests made in Penn Township