Police find 20 pounds of marijuana at Manchester house
A reported domestic dispute in Manchester led police to a marijuana-growing and distribution operation Sunday night, authorities said.
Officers responded to the 1100 block of Pennsylvania Avenue between 7 and 8 p.m., said Zone 1 Sgt. Patrick Knepp. When the suspect said he didn't strike the alleged victim, police looked inside his house and saw marijuana in plain view.
After getting and serving a search warrant, police found as much as 20 pounds of marijuana, mushrooms and $4,000 in cash. They also found equipment for growing, weighing and packaging the marijuana, Knepp said.
Police arrested Gerald Sloan, Jr., 31, and took him to the Allegheny County Jail. The alleged victim was treated at Allegheny General Hospital for a head injury, Knepp said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Egypt’s beleaguered tourism industry bounces back
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Need for new community college in Northwestern Pennsylvania questioned
- The bullet inside your body ‘becomes a part of you’
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- 153-year-old Venango well pumps out oil, history
- Freezing rain hits Western Pennsylvania, many accidents reported