Pyrotechnics Guild convention set for Butler County
Published: Tuesday, October 9, 2012, 7:03 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 10, 2012
The Butler County Tourism and Convention Bureau announced Tuesday that it will be hosting next year's Pyrotechnics Guild International convention at Cooper's Lake Campground in Slippery Rock.
The convention takes place Aug. 10-17 and will be the first time it is back in the area since 1994, when it was held in New Castle. Jack Cohen, president of the Butler County Tourism and Convention Bureau, expects 150,000 to 200,000 people to attend the event, which will feature fireworks shows over two hours in length.
The tourism bureau is hosting an invitation-only event at 6 p.m. Oct. 17 to announce news and events about the convention, including anticipated economic impact for the local economy. The event will also feature a sample fireworks show at Cooper's Lake.
- Pens’ Bylsma: Vitale scratch due to faceoff performance
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Mayoral nominee Peduto plans city hall house-cleaning if he’s elected
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Couple accused of abusing adopted kids moving in with parents
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury
- Officials identify Homewood toddler killed in East Hills shooting
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.