Butler County man to stand trial for grandson's death
A Butler County district judge Tuesday ordered a Connoquenessing man to stand trial on a charge he shot his grandson to death last month.
State police said Larry Karnes, 76, shot Austin Riddell, 19, in the chest once during an argument at their home Sept. 28.
Police said they believe Riddell became angry after Karnes refused to give him a ride, setting off an argument between the two men that ended with the shooting.
Karnes remained in the Butler County Prison Tuesday, ineligible for bail on a single count of criminal homicide, following a hearing before District Judge Wayne D. Seibel.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- Truck driver dies in Butler County crash
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Butler deputy coroner tentatively identifies fire victim
- Toys for Tots fails to deliver; local charities scramble
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Icy roads, cold causing school delays, wrecks in Western Pa.
- Pitt offensive coordinator Rudolph still focused on Panthers
- Time is of essence for Pitt in finding football coach, athletic director