Butler County man to stand trial for grandson's death
A Butler County district judge Tuesday ordered a Connoquenessing man to stand trial on a charge he shot his grandson to death last month.
State police said Larry Karnes, 76, shot Austin Riddell, 19, in the chest once during an argument at their home Sept. 28.
Police said they believe Riddell became angry after Karnes refused to give him a ride, setting off an argument between the two men that ended with the shooting.
Karnes remained in the Butler County Prison Tuesday, ineligible for bail on a single count of criminal homicide, following a hearing before District Judge Wayne D. Seibel.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell aware of need to reduce penalties
- Stocks slammed as manufacturing slows in U.S., abroad
- Pirates notebook: Nutting says team may ‘stretch’ for Martin
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office seeks halt to sheriff’s sale of Conneaut Lake Park
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Fans flock to what they hope will continue ‘magical season’
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Mexico expected to free former Marine soon