Butler County man to stand trial for grandson's death
A Butler County district judge Tuesday ordered a Connoquenessing man to stand trial on a charge he shot his grandson to death last month.
State police said Larry Karnes, 76, shot Austin Riddell, 19, in the chest once during an argument at their home Sept. 28.
Police said they believe Riddell became angry after Karnes refused to give him a ride, setting off an argument between the two men that ended with the shooting.
Karnes remained in the Butler County Prison Tuesday, ineligible for bail on a single count of criminal homicide, following a hearing before District Judge Wayne D. Seibel.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt upsets No. 8 Notre Dame to snap losing streak
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide
- Nation sick of Obama blunders, Perry tells state Republicans
- Ambridge fire brought quickly under control
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Conductor Krzysztof Urbanski shines in Heinz Hall debut
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- Route 19 accident in Mt. Lebanon injures five people
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- Dungy, Greene represent more Steelers ties in hall of fame voting