Port Authority chief not headed for Jacksonville
Port Authority of Allegheny County CEO Steve Bland didn't get the top job at the Jacksonville Transportation Authority, a spokesman for the Florida agency said.
JTA's board of directors voted Wednesday night to offer the job to Nathaniel Ford, a transportation consultant who formerly headed transit agencies in San Francisco and Atlanta, said spokesman John Finotti.
Bland, Ford and former transit executive Frank Martin were the three finalists for the job of executive director and CEO in Jacksonville.
Bland, who could not immediately be reached for comment, also came up short in a bid for the top post at the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trooper fatally shoots burglary suspect inside Somerset grocery store
- Armed bandit holds up Leechburg gas station
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraud
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Officials envision reinvigorated Allegheny County Airport
- Allegheny County inmate dies at hospital
- New Kensington Megan’s Law offender jailed on new child porn charges
- Starkey: Patriots’ legacy forever stained
- Pa. sees widespread job gains; jobless rate holds at 5.3%
- Plum witnesses seen entering grand jury building in Dormont