Port Authority chief not headed for Jacksonville
Port Authority of Allegheny County CEO Steve Bland didn't get the top job at the Jacksonville Transportation Authority, a spokesman for the Florida agency said.
JTA's board of directors voted Wednesday night to offer the job to Nathaniel Ford, a transportation consultant who formerly headed transit agencies in San Francisco and Atlanta, said spokesman John Finotti.
Bland, Ford and former transit executive Frank Martin were the three finalists for the job of executive director and CEO in Jacksonville.
Bland, who could not immediately be reached for comment, also came up short in a bid for the top post at the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Baseball needs a new schedule
- Pirates rout Cardinals to keep things interesting in NL Central
- Steelers remain confident in defense
- Berry wins Steelers’ punting job; Wing traded to Giants
- Pirates notebook: Burnett continues to progress, amps up to 95-pitch simulated game
- Pitt’s Narduzzi revisits YSU roots in opener
- Security guard shot outside East Hills restaurant
- State lawmaker proposes increasing cost of state fishing licenses
- LaBar: Best next opponent for Brock Lesnar
- Armstrong River Hawks make their debut
- Gorman: Armstrong focused on the future