Former Allegheny County Jail guard will go to trial in March
Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 3:44 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, October 11, 2012
A federal judge on Wednesday scheduled the criminal prosecution of a former Allegheny County Jail guard for March 18.
A federal grand jury indicted Arii Metz, 34, of the North Side on charges of depriving David Kipp, 26, of Polish Hill, of his civil rights during an Oct. 12, 2010, incident at the jail. Metz beat Kipp in a jail cell during an encounter, prosecutors said.
James Wymard, Kipp's lawyer, and Assistant U.S. Attorney Shaun Sweeney told U.S. District Judge Nora Barry Fischer the trial will include about six days of testimony. Fischer also ruled on several routine pretrial motions.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Study: Jams siphon $1B a year
- Zero percent doesn’t necessarily mean zero worries
- Anglers, others don’t want Kingston dam to go
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Cyber studies lead Latrobe grad to West Point
- Smart grocery shopping pays off
- Olympics in the Park held in Scottdale
- Written records carry risk of skimming, says accountant reviewing Pittsburgh city books
- Westmoreland courthouse security to tighten
- Judge orders review of write-in votes
- Lending is lifeblood for small businesses