Rachel Carson bridge closed Thursday for banner hanging
The Rachel Carson Bridge that carries Ninth Street over the Allegheny River between Downtown and the North Shore will be closed from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday so crews can hang a banner, Allegheny County Public Works said.
The banner will promote the One Young World Summit that Pittsburgh will host from Oct. 18-22. Motorists should use the nearby Roberto Clemente or Andy Warhol bridges during the closure, the county said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh’s tech startup activity rates last of 40 metro areas in report
- Grandmother of boy dropped at Uniontown Hospital says he’s in ICU
- Locke pitches 8 scoreless innings as Pirates edge Indians
- Pine-Richland graduate helps spark U.S. to Women’s World Club final
- McCutchen, Pirates hitters increasingly in crosshairs
- Pirates trust eye test when voting for all-stars
- Innovation enhances Philadelphia’s history as Democrats convene, Pope Francis visits
- No boat races, so regatta-goers find something else to do
- Arizona prison says 700 inmates again ‘refusing to comply’
- Supreme Court ruling on threats may affect Connecticut case
- 66 riders safely evacuated as 400-foot Ferris wheel stops in Florida