Rachel Carson bridge closed Thursday for banner hanging
By Tom Fontaine
Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 4:52 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 10, 2012
The Rachel Carson Bridge that carries Ninth Street over the Allegheny River between Downtown and the North Shore will be closed from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday so crews can hang a banner, Allegheny County Public Works said.
The banner will promote the One Young World Summit that Pittsburgh will host from Oct. 18-22. Motorists should use the nearby Roberto Clemente or Andy Warhol bridges during the closure, the county said.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- UPMC will cut 100 transcribers’ jobs
- Penguins notebook: Jokinen’s faceoff skills may be needed
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- Cooke has been steadying force for Penguins in playoffs
- Heart patients accuse Excela of conspiracy
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.