Marcellus shale driller settles with Beaver landowners
Chesapeake Energy Corp. and 18 Beaver County landowners settled two lawsuits over the company's development of Marcellus shale gas wells on their properties, a federal judge said Wednesday.
The landowners claimed the company didn't have valid mineral leases to the gas beneath their properties, and the company sued to gain access to the properties so it could begin drilling. U.S. District Judge David Cercone said lawyers for both sides notified him of the settlement.
Lawyers for the landowners couldn't be reached. A Chesapeake spokeswoman declined comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn State struggles against Big Ten’s worst defense in loss to Illinois
- Police investigating shooting outside of Monessen bar
- Freezing rain hits Western Pennsylvania, many accidents reported
- Duquesne gets better of Robert Morris again
- Man faces multiple charges after chase in Uniontown
- Robert Morris falls to physical Georgetown
- Freezing rain sets off accidents
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- Butler police seek help over shots fired into home
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Crowds pack Downtown Pittsburgh to enjoy Light Up Night festivities