McKees Rocks rug business fire under investigation
A fire that caused $1 million in damage to an Oriental rug business is being investigated as a possible hate crime because the words “Iran” and “terrorist” were spray painted on the building several days before the fire, according to authorities.
Linder's Fine Rugs and Antiques in the 700 block of Yunker Street is owned by an Iranian man.
Federal investigators have joined the Allegheny County fire marshal in the probe to determine what caused the fire Wednesday and whether it was intentionally set.
Officials said the fire started inside the business even though all the doors and windows appeared to be secure.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Natrona Bottling Co. keeps soda pop operation small, putting effort into craft, taste