McKees Rocks rug business fire under investigation
A fire that caused $1 million in damage to an Oriental rug business is being investigated as a possible hate crime because the words “Iran” and “terrorist” were spray painted on the building several days before the fire, according to authorities.
Linder's Fine Rugs and Antiques in the 700 block of Yunker Street is owned by an Iranian man.
Federal investigators have joined the Allegheny County fire marshal in the probe to determine what caused the fire Wednesday and whether it was intentionally set.
Officials said the fire started inside the business even though all the doors and windows appeared to be secure.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge
- Morton, Pirates blank Red Sox in series opener
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job
- Big break in trooper ambush probe: suspect’s abandoned SUV
- Vikings bar Peterson from all team activities
- Penguins notebook: Martin not concerned about expiring contract
- Pitt professor, poet earns prestigious MacArthur ‘genius grant’
- Pennsylvania senator wants to arm school teachers, employees