McKees Rocks rug business fire under investigation
A fire that caused $1 million in damage to an Oriental rug business is being investigated as a possible hate crime because the words “Iran” and “terrorist” were spray painted on the building several days before the fire, according to authorities.
Linder's Fine Rugs and Antiques in the 700 block of Yunker Street is owned by an Iranian man.
Federal investigators have joined the Allegheny County fire marshal in the probe to determine what caused the fire Wednesday and whether it was intentionally set.
Officials said the fire started inside the business even though all the doors and windows appeared to be secure.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Monessen nuisance bar hearing opens
- Donora talks trash with two collectors
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Rossi: In Super city, everything but football matters
- Judge orders nonprofit tax form release in case against IRS
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn
- 3 arrested in recent McKeesport business burglaries
- Gunman sought in gas station robberies in Jefferson, Buffalo townships
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors