McKees Rocks rug business fire under investigation
A fire that caused $1 million in damage to an Oriental rug business is being investigated as a possible hate crime because the words “Iran” and “terrorist” were spray painted on the building several days before the fire, according to authorities.
Linder's Fine Rugs and Antiques in the 700 block of Yunker Street is owned by an Iranian man.
Federal investigators have joined the Allegheny County fire marshal in the probe to determine what caused the fire Wednesday and whether it was intentionally set.
Officials said the fire started inside the business even though all the doors and windows appeared to be secure.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Point State Park honored as top-notch public space
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Port Authority police discuss bus crash with county prosecutors
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Melocchi pleads guilty to leading McKeesport gambling ring
- Pets rescued from Westmoreland house fire
- Consol Energy Center cashes in again on payments from Rivers Casino
- September ranks with driest ever in Western Pa.