McKees Rocks rug business fire under investigation
Published: Friday, October 12, 2012, 8:52 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, October 14, 2012
A fire that caused $1 million in damage to an Oriental rug business is being investigated as a possible hate crime because the words “Iran” and “terrorist” were spray painted on the building several days before the fire, according to authorities.
Linder's Fine Rugs and Antiques in the 700 block of Yunker Street is owned by an Iranian man.
Federal investigators have joined the Allegheny County fire marshal in the probe to determine what caused the fire Wednesday and whether it was intentionally set.
Officials said the fire started inside the business even though all the doors and windows appeared to be secure.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Seattle-area bridge collapse survivor: ‘You hold on’
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- 3 arrested in break-in at Allegheny Ludlum plant
- 5.7-magnitude quake widely felt across Northern California
- Pirates beat Cubs, 4-2, to finish homestand with sweep
- Penguins notebook: Bylsma likes response to adversity
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.