911th reservists to return to base Thursday night
About 15 members of the Air Force Reserve's 911th Airlift Wing in Moon are expected to return home Thursday night after a two-month deployment in southwest Asia, the base said.
The reservists delivered supplies and equipment and transported U.S. and coalition forces in and out of areas including the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan and the Horn of Africa during their deployment, the base said. The 911th flies C-130 cargo planes.
The base expects the reservists to arrive at Pittsburgh International Airport about 7:30 p.m. Family members and friends will greet them.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of a union retiree’s pension
- Starkey: Next frontier for Steelers offense
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- Probiotic bacteria help conquer ‘superbugs’
- Man rescued from sinkhole in McKeesport
- Downie’s goal, fight spark Penguins to win over Coyotes
- Pirates notebook: Polanco’s power outburst a matter of timing
- Alvarez latest in Pirates’ revolving door at first base