911th reservists to return to base Thursday night
By Tom Fontaine
Published: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 1:04 p.m.
Updated: Friday, January 4, 2013
About 15 members of the Air Force Reserve's 911th Airlift Wing in Moon are expected to return home Thursday night after a two-month deployment in southwest Asia, the base said.
The reservists delivered supplies and equipment and transported U.S. and coalition forces in and out of areas including the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan and the Horn of Africa during their deployment, the base said. The 911th flies C-130 cargo planes.
The base expects the reservists to arrive at Pittsburgh International Airport about 7:30 p.m. Family members and friends will greet them.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or email@example.com.
- Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Senators notebook: Pens' Crosby has defensive shadows
- Pirates notebook: Penguins jerseys in fashion for road trip
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- NFL notebook: San Francisco lands 50th Super Bowl
- Retired UPMC surgeon sues surgical device maker over patents
- Finley’s Fighters chooses Geibel student’s logo
- Cops seeking Harrison bank robber
- Apple defends tax strategy before Senate
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.