911th reservists to return to base Thursday night
About 15 members of the Air Force Reserve's 911th Airlift Wing in Moon are expected to return home Thursday night after a two-month deployment in southwest Asia, the base said.
The reservists delivered supplies and equipment and transported U.S. and coalition forces in and out of areas including the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan and the Horn of Africa during their deployment, the base said. The 911th flies C-130 cargo planes.
The base expects the reservists to arrive at Pittsburgh International Airport about 7:30 p.m. Family members and friends will greet them.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- CMU grad’s FunBites make healthy food appeal to kids
- Penguins notebook: Team exercising caution with Ehrhoff’s return from concussion
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 8, Blue Jays 7
- Trafford native writes the book on early rock concerts
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- Loyalhanna Agility Club teaches dogs new tricks
- Shorthanded Latrobe police expect to add officer
- Safety Vinopal, other former Panthers perform for NFL scouts at Pitt’s Pro Day
- ObamaCare in court
- Man dies in fatal shooting in Homewood