911th reservists to return to base Thursday night
About 15 members of the Air Force Reserve's 911th Airlift Wing in Moon are expected to return home Thursday night after a two-month deployment in southwest Asia, the base said.
The reservists delivered supplies and equipment and transported U.S. and coalition forces in and out of areas including the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan and the Horn of Africa during their deployment, the base said. The 911th flies C-130 cargo planes.
The base expects the reservists to arrive at Pittsburgh International Airport about 7:30 p.m. Family members and friends will greet them.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Pitt center Randall rebounds from injury
- Fire destroys Armstrong County tavern
- Photos: Quaker Valley performs version of ‘Peter Pan’ show
- Pirates star McCutchen marries in private ceremony
- Jury finds Rayshawn Williams guilty of first-degree murder
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- Pitt football notebook: Athletic department seeking fans’ input
- Cosby show still planned for Heinz Hall
- Monongahela paramedic dies in the line of duty