911th reservists to return to base Thursday night
By Tom Fontaine
Published: Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, 1:04 p.m.
About 15 members of the Air Force Reserve's 911th Airlift Wing in Moon are expected to return home Thursday night after a two-month deployment in southwest Asia, the base said.
The reservists delivered supplies and equipment and transported U.S. and coalition forces in and out of areas including the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan and the Horn of Africa during their deployment, the base said. The 911th flies C-130 cargo planes.
The base expects the reservists to arrive at Pittsburgh International Airport about 7:30 p.m. Family members and friends will greet them.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mail for IRS delivered to Squirrel Hill home
- North Versailles, Murrysville families still waiting for report on 2011 chopper crash that killed couple
- Drug crime reclassification to help ex-cons get vote rights
- Philanthropist helps waitress become nurse
- Penguins’ Bylsma wants Cup version of Letang
- Pitt QB Savage turns down NYC invite to NFL Draft
- Outdoor notices: April 19
- ‘Roosevelt’s Beast’ provides diverting expedition
- Orpik: Penguins must keep their cool
- Youngster falls over hillside in Churchill
- Cranberry’s Community Chest hopes yearly project will boost VFDs across county