Authorities still investigating what led to shooting death of woman in Stowe
A woman found shot to death on Wednesday afternoon in the Stowe home she shared with her boyfriend has been identified.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Elizabeth Cannon, 21, was killed by a gunshot to the head. Her death was ruled a homicide.
Friends and relatives told investigators that Cannon and her boyfriend were having relationship problems and that she spent Tuesday night at a friend's house, according to Lt. Andrew Schurman of the Allegheny County homicide unit.
Police believe Cannon's boyfriend, who lived in the home in the 1500 block of Broadway Avenue, shot her before turning on the gas to try to take his own life.
He is in a Pittsburgh hospital in stable condition. Detectives were unable to speak to him on Thursday because of his medical condition.
A relative of Cannon's boyfriend identified him as Andrew Sheets, 25.
Tony LaRussa is a staff writerfor Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7987or firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff writer Margaret Harding contributed to this report.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fire victim’s ex-boyfriend jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Two cars strike horse near Fayette fair
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- LaBar: Big week for future of WWE & TNA
- Dixon, Pitt men’s basketball team aren’t planning island vacation
- Pro runners go extra mile prior to Downtown Pittsburgh event
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor
- Power facing potential scheduling conflict with ArenaBowl
- Steelers notebook: Shoulder pads get technological boost for Ravens game