Authorities still investigating what led to shooting death of woman in Stowe
A woman found shot to death on Wednesday afternoon in the Stowe home she shared with her boyfriend has been identified.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Elizabeth Cannon, 21, was killed by a gunshot to the head. Her death was ruled a homicide.
Friends and relatives told investigators that Cannon and her boyfriend were having relationship problems and that she spent Tuesday night at a friend's house, according to Lt. Andrew Schurman of the Allegheny County homicide unit.
Police believe Cannon's boyfriend, who lived in the home in the 1500 block of Broadway Avenue, shot her before turning on the gas to try to take his own life.
He is in a Pittsburgh hospital in stable condition. Detectives were unable to speak to him on Thursday because of his medical condition.
A relative of Cannon's boyfriend identified him as Andrew Sheets, 25.
Tony LaRussa is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7987 or email@example.com. Staff writer Margaret Harding contributed to this report.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in painkiller ring
- Normally tight-lippped Marshawn Lynch fires back at critics
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in North Oakland
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- District attorney rejects polygraph deal in molestation case
- Pitt’s 2015 schedule includes 5 road games in 1st 7 games
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts; fallout from oil and gas decline
- Highmark members to keep maternity care at Magee in 2015
- Chase Elliott to replace retiring Gordon in No. 24 car
- San Francisco blaze kills Mission District resident
- Homeland chief says cuts over immigration puts U.S. at risk