Authorities still investigating what led to shooting death of woman in Stowe
By Tony LaRussa
Published: Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, 1:12 p.m.
A woman found shot to death on Wednesday afternoon in the Stowe home she shared with her boyfriend has been identified.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Elizabeth Cannon, 21, was killed by a gunshot to the head. Her death was ruled a homicide.
Friends and relatives told investigators that Cannon and her boyfriend were having relationship problems and that she spent Tuesday night at a friend's house, according to Lt. Andrew Schurman of the Allegheny County homicide unit.
Police believe Cannon's boyfriend, who lived in the home in the 1500 block of Broadway Avenue, shot her before turning on the gas to try to take his own life.
He is in a Pittsburgh hospital in stable condition. Detectives were unable to speak to him on Thursday because of his medical condition.
A relative of Cannon's boyfriend identified him as Andrew Sheets, 25.
Tony LaRussa is a staff writerfor Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7987or email@example.com. Staff writer Margaret Harding contributed to this report.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- CBS: Steelers to lose draft pick over Tomlin mishap
- Worst of winter storm expected to miss Pittsburgh
- Nelson Mandela: The real legacy
- Penguins’ Orpik taken off ice on stretcher in loss to Bruins
- Rossi: Penguins’ Orpik among select NHLers going without gluten
- State police kill knife-wielding suspect in child abduction from Brentwood
- Breaking down the Pirates’ needs entering winter meetings
- Donora woman found dead in burning home
- Rampant misuse of antibiotics poses growing global threat, experts warn
- Le’Veon Bell active for Steelers against Dolphins
- Little change in small-town life