Authorities still investigating what led to shooting death of woman in Stowe
A woman found shot to death on Wednesday afternoon in the Stowe home she shared with her boyfriend has been identified.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Elizabeth Cannon, 21, was killed by a gunshot to the head. Her death was ruled a homicide.
Friends and relatives told investigators that Cannon and her boyfriend were having relationship problems and that she spent Tuesday night at a friend's house, according to Lt. Andrew Schurman of the Allegheny County homicide unit.
Police believe Cannon's boyfriend, who lived in the home in the 1500 block of Broadway Avenue, shot her before turning on the gas to try to take his own life.
He is in a Pittsburgh hospital in stable condition. Detectives were unable to speak to him on Thursday because of his medical condition.
A relative of Cannon's boyfriend identified him as Andrew Sheets, 25.
Tony LaRussa is a staff writerfor Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7987or firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff writer Margaret Harding contributed to this report.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins trade Sutter to Canucks, sign free agent center Fehr
- Videos spur dozens to protest outside Pittsburgh Planned Parenthood
- Steelers RB Archer trying to catch up after tough rookie season
- Famous African lion reportedly killed by American hunter
- Fulbright Scholarship sends Indiana Twp. man to Indonesia
- DOD recommits to CMU software security center with $732M award
- Consol Energy reports deep loss, bigger Utica results
- Judge lets New Kensington Ten Commandments monument stand
- Steelers LB Timmons has grown into leadership role on defense
- Steelers notebook: Backup QB Gradkowski remains out with shoulder issue
- Pirates third baseman Ramirez’s last ride is about winning a ring