No one injured in Hill District fire
No one was hurt in a fire in a two-unit apartment building in the Hill District on Thursday.
Pittsburgh firefighters responding to a report of a structure fire about 2:30 p.m. arrived on Moultrie Street to find heavy smoke and flames pouring out of the second floor, Battalion Chief Jerry Hirschfeld said. Neither of the two residents were inside when firefighters got there, he said.
The fire was mainly concentrated in a second-floor bedroom, Hirschfeld said. The cause is under investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Liriano, Pirates beat Giants, inch closer to lead in NL Central
- Pirates think Mercer’s defense deserves more credit
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Roundup: Study finds 35 percent in US facing debt collectors; JPMorgan paying $650K to settle CFTC charges; more
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Tech giants lead rush for profits in foreign countries
- Rayburn businessman honored for charitable work
- Home price gains slow for 6th-straight month
- Fed to keep cards close to the vest
- Woman who stabbed while naked in McKees Rocks believed to be in New Kensington area