Giant Eagle in Moon to begin selling alcoholic beverages
Moon supervisors on Monday approved a liquor license transfer that will permit the Giant Eagle along University Boulevard in the Moon Plaza to sell alcoholic beverages.
The liquor license transfer from the shuttered EJ's Lounge in Bethel Park will allow Giant Eagle to sell a maximum of 16 12-ounce beers per person, officials said.
The license will go hand-in-hand with renovations at the grocery store chain that will included expanded prepared foods, deli and bakery sections and a cafe with indoor and outdoor seating for up to 105 people.
Giant Eagle spokesman Dick Roberts said the store will begin selling alcohol once the renovations are complete, although the start and completion dates have not yet been determined.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates blanked in loss to Cubs
- Duquesne men’s basketball team lands verbal commitment from guard Littleson
- Heyward-Bey looks to make impact on special teams with Steelers
- Philanthropist and one-time GOP powerhouse Elsie Hillman dies at 89
- Starkey: Steelers still knockin’ on Canton’s door
- Judge says heroin addicts fare better in treatment than prison
- Redevelopment Authority’s future at risk
- Vote set at SEC to reveal pay gap between CEO and median employee at publicly traded companies
- Teachers want new contract in Monessen
- 23 Gateway School District nonunion employees receive raises
- Normalville singer’s dream coming true