Giant Eagle in Moon to begin selling alcoholic beverages
Moon supervisors on Monday approved a liquor license transfer that will permit the Giant Eagle along University Boulevard in the Moon Plaza to sell alcoholic beverages.
The liquor license transfer from the shuttered EJ's Lounge in Bethel Park will allow Giant Eagle to sell a maximum of 16 12-ounce beers per person, officials said.
The license will go hand-in-hand with renovations at the grocery store chain that will included expanded prepared foods, deli and bakery sections and a cafe with indoor and outdoor seating for up to 105 people.
Giant Eagle spokesman Dick Roberts said the store will begin selling alcohol once the renovations are complete, although the start and completion dates have not yet been determined.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Real estate union: Howard Hanna buys Langholz Wilson Ellis
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Hotel building boom sweeps Pittsburgh region
- Man involved with crash with officer dies in Pittsburgh hospital
- Port Authority fires two bus drivers involved in rollover crash
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable