Giant Eagle in Moon to begin selling alcoholic beverages
Moon supervisors on Monday approved a liquor license transfer that will permit the Giant Eagle along University Boulevard in the Moon Plaza to sell alcoholic beverages.
The liquor license transfer from the shuttered EJ's Lounge in Bethel Park will allow Giant Eagle to sell a maximum of 16 12-ounce beers per person, officials said.
The license will go hand-in-hand with renovations at the grocery store chain that will included expanded prepared foods, deli and bakery sections and a cafe with indoor and outdoor seating for up to 105 people.
Giant Eagle spokesman Dick Roberts said the store will begin selling alcohol once the renovations are complete, although the start and completion dates have not yet been determined.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Salvation Army kicks off annual kettle campaign
- Deer processing fee waived for Hunters Sharing the Harvest participants
- Black Friday trends, tactics change, but Americans still love bargains
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Flurry of business activity enlivening quaint Saxonburg
- No federal funds to help enforce Pa. ban on texting by drivers
- Light of Life offers ‘More Than A Meal’ Thanksgiving event
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- Retailers court web customers with free shipping
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman