Giant Eagle in Moon to begin selling alcoholic beverages
Moon supervisors on Monday approved a liquor license transfer that will permit the Giant Eagle along University Boulevard in the Moon Plaza to sell alcoholic beverages.
The liquor license transfer from the shuttered EJ's Lounge in Bethel Park will allow Giant Eagle to sell a maximum of 16 12-ounce beers per person, officials said.
The license will go hand-in-hand with renovations at the grocery store chain that will included expanded prepared foods, deli and bakery sections and a cafe with indoor and outdoor seating for up to 105 people.
Giant Eagle spokesman Dick Roberts said the store will begin selling alcohol once the renovations are complete, although the start and completion dates have not yet been determined.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- Operating loss widens at Highmark parent
- Starkey: Penguins’ season impressive so far
- Jury deliberating in dispute over origin of Heinz ‘Dip & Squeeze’ ketchup package
- District attorney will review grand jury’s report on AG Kane
- Controversial McKeesport building destroyed by fire
- VA, police looking into suicide by veteran outside O’Hara facility
- Penguins a love affair for Evancho sisters
- Big names highlight Three Rivers Arts Festival’s 2015 musical lineup
- Pitt football team working to fatten up QB sack total on defense
- Police mum on Rostraver house probe