Giant Eagle in Moon to begin selling alcoholic beverages
Moon supervisors on Monday approved a liquor license transfer that will permit the Giant Eagle along University Boulevard in the Moon Plaza to sell alcoholic beverages.
The liquor license transfer from the shuttered EJ's Lounge in Bethel Park will allow Giant Eagle to sell a maximum of 16 12-ounce beers per person, officials said.
The license will go hand-in-hand with renovations at the grocery store chain that will included expanded prepared foods, deli and bakery sections and a cafe with indoor and outdoor seating for up to 105 people.
Giant Eagle spokesman Dick Roberts said the store will begin selling alcohol once the renovations are complete, although the start and completion dates have not yet been determined.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Friend reaches out to help Burrell Township family
- Gaming proceeds fund emergency units
- AmeriCorps coming to Lenape Technical in Manor
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- Trib 30 stocks drop to four-month low
- Roundup: Alpha Natural Resources to idle coal mines; Alcoa targets growing demand for aluminium wheels; more
- Woman thwarted abduction, police say
- wintry wrath on the Horizon
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide
- Pittsburgh Street in Springdale closed until Monday