Giant Eagle in Moon to begin selling alcoholic beverages
Moon supervisors on Monday approved a liquor license transfer that will permit the Giant Eagle along University Boulevard in the Moon Plaza to sell alcoholic beverages.
The liquor license transfer from the shuttered EJ's Lounge in Bethel Park will allow Giant Eagle to sell a maximum of 16 12-ounce beers per person, officials said.
The license will go hand-in-hand with renovations at the grocery store chain that will included expanded prepared foods, deli and bakery sections and a cafe with indoor and outdoor seating for up to 105 people.
Giant Eagle spokesman Dick Roberts said the store will begin selling alcohol once the renovations are complete, although the start and completion dates have not yet been determined.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- On-off ramps on southbound Interstate 79 from Carnegie slated for two-day closure
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Cardinal Wuerl school opens with 286 students
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges