Giant Eagle in Moon to begin selling alcoholic beverages
Moon supervisors on Monday approved a liquor license transfer that will permit the Giant Eagle along University Boulevard in the Moon Plaza to sell alcoholic beverages.
The liquor license transfer from the shuttered EJ's Lounge in Bethel Park will allow Giant Eagle to sell a maximum of 16 12-ounce beers per person, officials said.
The license will go hand-in-hand with renovations at the grocery store chain that will included expanded prepared foods, deli and bakery sections and a cafe with indoor and outdoor seating for up to 105 people.
Giant Eagle spokesman Dick Roberts said the store will begin selling alcohol once the renovations are complete, although the start and completion dates have not yet been determined.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Arnold man charged after 20-mile chase
- McKeesport park to get more regional asset funds
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Gunfire plagues New Kensington
- Home brew returns
- Car, bike show to outfit police
- Falcons to host ‘Kitty Cat Game’
- Monessen woman honored for service as church volunteer
- Daily Courier roundup: Erdely qualifies for PIAA regional
- At least $100,000 in appliances stolen from new homes around Western Pa.
- Business roundup: SEC fines Bank of America $7.65M for miscalculation; court-ordered anti-smoking ads challenged; more