Two die of natural causes in Somerset County on first day of hunting season
2 die on 1st dayof hunting season
A coroner says two hunters died of heart-related problems in Somerset County on the first day of deer rifle season.
County Coroner Wallace Miller says Allen Webb, 71, of Windber died while setting up a tree stand just after dawn Monday in nearby Ogle Township.
Later Monday morning, Robert Georg, 66, of Port Lt. Lucie, Fla., was stricken in the woods of Shade Township. He died a short time later at Windber Medical Center.
Georg was visiting relatives in the area when he decided to go hunting.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Fatal crash reported in West Bethlehem
- Lawrenceville boutique owners hope it’s lucky Number Fourteen
- Stores creating Thanksgiving dine-and-dash dilemma
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- Pitt notebook: Chryst keeps Panthers motivated amid adversity
- Horse racing industry banks on Wolf
- Boy with fake gun shot by officer dies
- Obama’s next mass pardon
- Savings, aesthetics of LED praised, but streetlight conversion could cost Pittsburgh $13M