Two die of natural causes in Somerset County on first day of hunting season
2 die on 1st dayof hunting season
A coroner says two hunters died of heart-related problems in Somerset County on the first day of deer rifle season.
County Coroner Wallace Miller says Allen Webb, 71, of Windber died while setting up a tree stand just after dawn Monday in nearby Ogle Township.
Later Monday morning, Robert Georg, 66, of Port Lt. Lucie, Fla., was stricken in the woods of Shade Township. He died a short time later at Windber Medical Center.
Georg was visiting relatives in the area when he decided to go hunting.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sloppy Penguins fall to Hurricanes
- Salvation Army in W.Pa. uses social media campaign
- Mirai debut brings fuel cell future closer
- Penn State still seeking respect as No. 10 Spartans visit for finale
- NFL notebook: Browns’ Manziel says he tried to avoid altercation
- Steelers notebook: Defense has a retro feel
- Texan who targeted Mexican consulate in Austin killed in shootout with police
- Energy stocks ‘hammered’ as crude oil tumbles
- Pitt’s challenge: Contain Miami’s Johnson, Dorsett
- Police say Thanksgiving to year’s end worst time of year for drunken driving
- FBI uses journalists as bait for terrorists, escapee from Syrian group says