Two die of natural causes in Somerset County on first day of hunting season
2 die on 1st dayof hunting season
A coroner says two hunters died of heart-related problems in Somerset County on the first day of deer rifle season.
County Coroner Wallace Miller says Allen Webb, 71, of Windber died while setting up a tree stand just after dawn Monday in nearby Ogle Township.
Later Monday morning, Robert Georg, 66, of Port Lt. Lucie, Fla., was stricken in the woods of Shade Township. He died a short time later at Windber Medical Center.
Georg was visiting relatives in the area when he decided to go hunting.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Snow causes collisions, delays in Mon-Yough area
- Some normalcy returns to Homestead business district devastated by fire
- Liberty public servant Owens remembered as problem solver
- Teen found in Riverview Park last year died of overdose
- Gorman: Not just a no-brainer for Pine-Richland’s DiNucci
- Munhall council president charged in crash that injured woman