Two die of natural causes in Somerset County on first day of hunting season
Published: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 8:34 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, November 28, 2012
2 die on 1st dayof hunting season
A coroner says two hunters died of heart-related problems in Somerset County on the first day of deer rifle season.
County Coroner Wallace Miller says Allen Webb, 71, of Windber died while setting up a tree stand just after dawn Monday in nearby Ogle Township.
Later Monday morning, Robert Georg, 66, of Port Lt. Lucie, Fla., was stricken in the woods of Shade Township. He died a short time later at Windber Medical Center.
Georg was visiting relatives in the area when he decided to go hunting.
- Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Gorman: Pitt hoops could soon have Western Pa. flavor
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Baldwin High is track mecca for WPIAL athletes
- Pirates’ bullpen falters in extra-inning loss to Astros
- Paulk: Weather still an intangible at Indy
- Frye: Wonderful kind of misery
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.