Two die of natural causes in Somerset County on first day of hunting season
2 die on 1st dayof hunting season
A coroner says two hunters died of heart-related problems in Somerset County on the first day of deer rifle season.
County Coroner Wallace Miller says Allen Webb, 71, of Windber died while setting up a tree stand just after dawn Monday in nearby Ogle Township.
Later Monday morning, Robert Georg, 66, of Port Lt. Lucie, Fla., was stricken in the woods of Shade Township. He died a short time later at Windber Medical Center.
Georg was visiting relatives in the area when he decided to go hunting.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Agent: Polamalu undecided whether to play in 2015
- Victim in psych hospital assault describes attack
- Loose barges on the Mon highlight woes of winter’s end
- Starkey: In defense of Mel Kiper Jr.
- Victim identified in fatal shooting in West Mifflin
- 14 more arrested in connection with drug trafficking ring
- Penguins forwards struggle in loss to Avalanche
- Widely used chemical eyed at Pitt for effects on pregnancy
- 4 World War II veterans from Western Pa. honored by French government
- Man accused of accepting bribes to lie about defendants’ drug tests will stand trial
- Angry fans cited in shortage of refs in Western Pennsylvania