Police: Man committed Aliquippa killing, tried suicide
Police say a man found on the side of the road with a self-inflicted gunshot wound had killed an Aliquippa man a day earlier.
Police say Lawrence Rains, 47, of Center Township shot and killed Richard Lincheck, 58, on Tuesday night, then spent the night hiding in a creek bed before he was found Wednesday next to Kennedy Boulevard in Aliquippa with a gunshot wound to the face.
Police Chief Andre Davis says investigators recovered a gun and other evidence linking Rains to the killing in front of Lincheck's Elgin Street home. He says a motive is unclear at this point.
Rains remains hospitalized at Allegheny General Hospital, North Side, and will be arraigned on charges including criminal homicide and robbery upon his release. It's not clear if he has an attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- LaBar: John Cena leaving WWE for Hollywood?
- 2014 has been among deadliest for world’s airline industry
- Statistically speaking: Rockies’ bullpen suffering meltdowns
- Smartphone coupons just one way stores aim to increase spontaneous buys
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Amazon.com distribution center planned for Pittsburgh’s West End
- Greensburg man held for trial in hospital assault
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Latrobe couple who locked son in car trunk avoids jail