Indiana County pedestrian dies after Route 422 accident
Pedestrian struck by vehicle dies
A 45-year-old pedestrian was killed Wednesday after she was struck by a vehicle.
Coroner Michael Baker said Michelle Lynne Hensley of Armstrong Township was struck in the westbound lane of Route 422, near the township line at 5:39 p.m. Wednesday.
The driver of a sport utility vehicle stopped and called 911, Baker said. The driver's identity was not available.
Hensley was transported by ambulance to the Indiana Regional Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead at 6:07 p.m. as a result of multiple blunt-force trauma. Baker ruled the death an accident and no autopsy is planned. Toxicology tests are pending.
Indiana state police are investigating.
Funeral arrangements are incomplete.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had “troubled” relationship
- Monessen woman dies in truck-car crash on Route 51 in Fayette County
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- State, feds probing death of worker at Somerset County mine
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- Police arrest man after high-speed chase to Downtown
- Charge dropped against former Steeler Blount after community service
- ‘Pittsburgh Dad’ book to include best Yinzer rants
- Digital Age reboots foreign language instruction in Western Pa. schools
- Designer Bethany Mota coming to Ross Park Mall
- Charges expunged against Butler County man in ’61 lunch-counter protest