Police respond to shootings in Lawrenceville, McKeesport
At least one person was shot when gunfire erupted Thursday night in an apartment house in Lawrenceville.
Pittsburgh police were called about 9:40 p.m. for a report of shots fired in the building in the 4700 block of Butler Street. Police found a man lying in the hallway.
Police did not allow paramedics inside the building until they searched it to make sure the gunman had either fled or no longer posed a threat.
About 90 minutes earlier, police in McKeesport were called to a shooting in Crawford Village. One person was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital by medical helicopter.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday