Police respond to shootings in Lawrenceville, McKeesport
At least one person was shot when gunfire erupted Thursday night in an apartment house in Lawrenceville.
Pittsburgh police were called about 9:40 p.m. for a report of shots fired in the building in the 4700 block of Butler Street. Police found a man lying in the hallway.
Police did not allow paramedics inside the building until they searched it to make sure the gunman had either fled or no longer posed a threat.
About 90 minutes earlier, police in McKeesport were called to a shooting in Crawford Village. One person was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital by medical helicopter.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Lovejoy says individual play is problematic
- Mars’ Rinaman sprints to 2 gold medals at host invitational
- Greensburg high school roundup: No. 4 Hempfield baseball routs Norwin
- Magma chamber spied under Yellowstone volcano
- Western Pa. May markets, plant sellers ready to spring into action
- First Amendment experts decry Plum authorities’ warning to students
- Kings Family Restaurants sold to California firm
- Lexus sport coupe has youthful appeal, power
- NFL Draft preview: Safety crop offers no sure-fire stars
- Armenia commemorates massacre
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen unfazed by return to Arizona