Police respond to shootings in Lawrenceville, McKeesport
At least one person was shot when gunfire erupted Thursday night in an apartment house in Lawrenceville.
Pittsburgh police were called about 9:40 p.m. for a report of shots fired in the building in the 4700 block of Butler Street. Police found a man lying in the hallway.
Police did not allow paramedics inside the building until they searched it to make sure the gunman had either fled or no longer posed a threat.
About 90 minutes earlier, police in McKeesport were called to a shooting in Crawford Village. One person was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital by medical helicopter.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Golfer’s body found in lake at Moon country club
- Alvarez, Cole lead Pirates past Marlins
- Steelers’ Martavis Bryant facing four-game suspension
- Steelers won’t change scheme after Pouncey injury
- Steelers rookie receiver Coates learning on the fly
- Pitt freshman O’Neill eats up switch to tackle
- Pennsylvania warming to bring ‘profound’ changes, Penn State report says
- Two flown from Bullskin accident scene
- NFL notebook: RG3 evades concussion questions, cleared to play
- Gorman: Don’t judge WPIAL by the cover
- Class AAAA breakdown: Wealth of talent places target on Central Catholic